Légère Reeds online store is currently available in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Note: I did go ahead and adjust the Legere oboe reed to be an American style oboe reed. "button": "Checkout" In-Cart Discount. I once again see these qualities as a matter of taste in some ways, so I am not condemning the reed so much as sharing a personal perspective. } else { "padding-bottom": "15px", "padding-top": "15px", That is not a complaint, I have had "darker" and "brighter" cane reeds and adjust to the situation. This section really only “scratches the surface” (so to speak). Hi Sheryl, thanks for the comment, glad you enjoyed the article. script.onload = ShopifyBuyInit; I love that the reed does not need any preparation to play. If you apply that scale to a strength 1 1/2 and a stregth 3 1/2, the 3 1/2 will start vibrating further along in … We strongly advise against storing reeds in their original packaging or leaving them on the instrument. Légère Reeds online store is currently available in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. I feel the synthetic reeds that Legere makes have the potential to give musicians peace of mind. }); }, One of the best features of a Légère reed is that it does not need to be moistened prior to playing. (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(script); I don’t regret scraping the windows, but I would like to know where the reed would sit in terms of intonation without scraping this area and only adjusting the tip. Disclaimer I am sharing this information for the curious oboist wondering about adjusting the Legere oboe reed. Sales on the Legere reeds … "font-size": "14px" Back in where I live it's hot humid all year round, and that poses a problem for normal cane reeds. "quantityInput": { "background-color": "#1280d9" I know myself and would have dug the windows out even if the reed was “perfect”. Legere Signature Reeds – From $38.99. More specifically, Légère reeds. Maybe you could get a discount from Legere if you buy in bulk, lol. } Adjusting the Legere oboe reed. } For best results, wrap the product around your Légère in the same manner that you would wrap a cane reed. A few months ago, I posted about plastic reeds, and reported some of what I had read on another woodwind blog about the Légère Signature Series and Forestone clarinet reeds. It's nice to know you can have a dependable reed, that does not need to be wet, does not need adjusting and does not warp. "font-size": "14px", These are mere suggestions to hopefully facilitate your decision. ADJUST Make your own sound if necessary. Disclaimer  I am sharing this information for the curious oboist wondering about adjusting the Legere oboe reed. I was quite surprised when I first tried the Legere reed… I tried Legere reeds a year ago and was not totally convinced, but they seem to finally have found the right formula with a new model, the Legere Signature. Medium-Hard reeds now have a blue O-ring. Open quick view dialog for Legere Reeds Bassoon Synthetic Reed. } Experimentation around reed design, and the technology to make them, has really excelled in recent years. Most intermediate to advanced players should feel comfortable using the Medium strength reed. Hacking off one tip would put me in debt haha. Related Podcast Episode. At present, Legere is only making oboe reeds in one strength, and they do not recommend scraping or adjusting Légère reeds in any way. I am not sure whether I am close to a TAP plastics store, but I have not really searched. Altering Légère reeds is not recommended. Thanks! }, This would have raised the settled pitch of the reed. /* How To Install A Pedestal Sink With Floor Plumbing, Huntington Beach Ohio Live Cam, Mozart Eine Kleine Nachtmusik Imslp, Hammer Auto Sales Stanwood Mi, Concomitant Medication In Clinical Trials, Best Trumpet And Prices For Beginners In 2019, Budweiser Aluminum Bottles Australia, Vp Of Sales Salary Nyc,