Can you fix the one you have? Discuss loose toilet seat, screws wont tighten in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Any ideas? How to Stop the Toilet Seat From Shifting Sideways. It may be held by top-fixing bolts. How to Tighten Down a Toilet Tank. Tighten both bolts and test the toilet seat by trying to slide it sideways with your hands. You could get a set of allen keys and have someone else try to tighten the seat. To reach these bolts, flip up the plastic covers found at the back of the lid. But then you run into a problem: You can’t find the usual bolts under it. Confused is that your toilet seat does not have the usual lower bolts to tighten it? Then maybe we need to think about this! Probably the easiest fix, your loose toilet may simply be due to your loose toilet mounting bolts needing to be tightened. Please consider making a contribution to wikiHow today. You can try tightening the bolts on the underside of the toilet bowl to fix a loose seat. last updated – posted 2019-Mar-3, 2:09 pm AEST posted 2019-Mar-3, 2:09 pm AEST User #157738 316 posts. Tip: If your toilet seat is loose, this doesn’t have to do specifically with the soft-close hinges. Category: Plumbing. You can pop these open with a flathead screwdriver, or even by sliding a fingernail underneath. Most toilets seats use steel screws, but on cheaper seats with plastic bolts, be careful not to break the bolts or strip the threads. How hard is it to tighten a loose/wobbly Toilet Seat? Feb 1, 2020 #1 Hello I cannot get my toilet seat to tighten. http://www.VideoJoeKnows.com How to tighten a loose toilet seat is easy....when you know how. 1.First let us close the lid if it is open. Or should I change my Toilet Seat because the fittings have come loose?? Please consider making a contribution to wikiHow today. This article has been viewed 332,180 times. This will tighten your wobbly toilet seat for the last and final time, or at least for a few years until you are ready to change or update your toilet. Amid the current public health and economic crises, when the world is shifting dramatically and we are all learning and adapting to changes in daily life, people need wikiHow more than ever. We use cookies to make wikiHow great. These may be held in place by a small grub screw at rear of the silver fixing (tiny and difficult to see). Using your fingers or a broad tip screwdriver, turn the bolts clockwise to tighten. You will need to unscrew these first. There’s never a need for that, especially when it’s such an easy fix. How can I keep the seat from sliding to one side? If a bolt is loose, tighten it slowly just until it is snug. A loose toilet seat can become a nuisance – but it is easy to remedy this issue on your own. Start the repair by confirming that your toilet is not leaking. Look carefully at the back of the toilet seat for any signs of bolts or screws. This will then reveal the screws that we will be removing temporarily. Thanks! You’ll see a nut, and it should be unmovable with your fingers. If the seat or bolts are damaged, you may need to go to the hardware store to replace these parts. Here’s how you can fix that wiggling toilet handle, either by tighting or replacing it. However, if you are a DIY enthusiast, it is easy to fix the loose toilet seat by yourself. Usually, a couple of plastic bolts located on the rear hold the seat. Forum Regular reference: whrl.pl/RfkbT2. Decide which screwdriver is the best fit. This one however the toilet / ceramic is sealed with no access to the underside. Buy some new bolts that are made out of metal at your local hardware store and replace the plastic bolts. There should be a way that the seat was installed on the toilet. The seat has become loose, with normal toilets I know you just tighten it with the bolts underneath the seat. All you need is the tools of the appropriate size to make your work easy and fast. If the bolt just spins without tightening, then … Note: If the toilet seat bolts break or refuse to tighten, you can purchase replacement bolts at a hardware or home improvement store. Ask Your Own Plumbing Question. Check carefully for water around the base of the toilet. If you have a broken bolt already, you can buy generic plastic ones at the hardware store. If your toilet is newish like mine is, the bolt covers can be pried open with your fingers. Show Less. You may need to gently hammer the plugs in place. Keep the old bolts and nuts (from the previous seat) in a safe place. If your toilet seat is loose, then you need to tighten it. Why? Metal peg-style hinges are 1 of the 2 main types of hinge assemblies that soft-close toilet seats may use. How to Choose the Perfect Seat for Your Toilet. First, clamp the nut with vice grips. Your email address will not be published. Hi, This may sound silly, but we recently had installed a … It's a simple fix. With time, these nuts lose their grip. Most are in the front, a few have little twist locks and are recognized by notches on the covers. For example, recheck the seat hinge. The screws are secured by two nuts underneath. If you just want to replace the seat completely, remember that there are only two types of toilet seats: round and elongated. As for a loose toilet seat? As DIY home repair projects go, it is about as easy as it comes—all that's required, usually, is a screwdriver. Use two hands, as it can be heavy. All toilet seats will begin to loosen and slide around after years of use. Advertisement. This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. By using our site, you agree to our. So, recheck your toilet seat for any joint bolts or screws and the hinges as well. Can you fix the one you have? This is done by pressing the tip of the screwdriver into the bolt head and giving it a good turn to the right. All tip submissions are carefully reviewed before being published, This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. How can I fix the loose seat? Now you have tightened the toilet seat, even if the seat doesn’t have any access underside the toilet. Tightening a Loose Toilet Seat On the back of the toilet seat, you’ll find a couple of compartments where the nuts and bolts are located and hold the toilet seat to the toilet base. Take the plastic ones with you to measure for the right size. A toilet seat assembly (the seat and the lid) attach to the base with two large bolts. If the screwdriver is too small, then the bolt will not turn. All you need is a screwdriver. A loose toilet seat can become a nuisance – but it is easy to remedy this issue on your own. Bolts that are frozen may have to be cut off with a hacksaw blade. That’s why we developed STA-TITE®, a patented hinge fixing system that will actually keep your toilet seat tight. Press the button, then the lid should be released, which will reveal the fixing screws and bolts. Some toilet seat bolts are exposed, but most just have a plastic flap that snaps closed to cover them. A loose toilet seat could prove dangerous for the kids. Reaction score 0. Hi, This may sound silly, but we recently had installed a … posted 2019-Mar-3, 1:35 pm AEST ref: whrl.pl/RfkbT2. Use a screwdriver to tighten these bolts, and you should be able to solve the problem. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/3\/30\/Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-1-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-1-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/3\/30\/Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-1-Version-2.jpg\/aid887615-v4-728px-Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-1-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/c\/c1\/Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-2-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-2-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/c\/c1\/Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-2-Version-2.jpg\/aid887615-v4-728px-Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-2-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/46\/Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-3-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-3-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/46\/Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-3-Version-2.jpg\/aid887615-v4-728px-Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-3-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/7a\/Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-4.jpg\/v4-460px-Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-4.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/7a\/Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-4.jpg\/aid887615-v4-728px-Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-4.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/5f\/Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-5.jpg\/v4-460px-Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-5.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/5f\/Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-5.jpg\/aid887615-v4-728px-Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-5.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/c\/cf\/Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/c\/cf\/Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-6.jpg\/aid887615-v4-728px-Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/1\/1f\/Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-7.jpg\/v4-460px-Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-7.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/1\/1f\/Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-7.jpg\/aid887615-v4-728px-Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-7.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/49\/Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-8.jpg\/v4-460px-Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-8.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/49\/Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-8.jpg\/aid887615-v4-728px-Fix-a-Loose-Toilet-Seat-Step-8.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}. 2.Loosen the screws / bolts using a screwdriver. Instructions on How to tighten a Loose and Wobbly toilet seat. The Vitra toilet seat and lid is meant to be attached with long screws but the bolts supplied are too big to go through the holes at the rear of my toilet. Tighten Caroma Toilet Seat-no access. Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 332,180 times. I am currently out of ideas. Most of the time, the bolts are found hidden from plain surfaces. How to Stop the Toilet Seat From Shifting Sideways. Try to find a seat made by the same company that manufactured your toilet to. Simply remove the small plastic bolt caps at the base of your toilet (they will be on each side, and can be pried off with a small screwdriver). If you'd rather 'jerry-rig' a solution, you could try adding some rubber washers (making a cut in them so you can get them around the bolts) or squirting something around the bolts that will harden as it dries, like caulk or glue. Loosely thread the nuts back onto the bolts. Remove the toilet tank cover. Follow along with this how-to guide to learn the proper way to tighten a loose American Standard Fluent toilet seat … How can I make the seat secure? The toilet is about six months old and was purchased by the previous house owner. http://www.VideoJoeKnows.com How to tighten a loose toilet seat is easy....when you know how. Or should I change my Toilet Seat because the fittings have come loose?? Rick, Master Plumber. How to Tighten or Replace a Loose Toilet Seat. How to fix a loose toilet seat: Steps to tighten a wobbly toilet seat. Then use the … Tightening a Loose Toilet Seat On the back of the toilet seat, you’ll find a couple of compartments where the nuts and bolts are located and hold the toilet seat to the toilet base. Tightening a Loose Toilet Seat. (You may need a small screwdriver for this task.) Stack Exchange Look for Leaks . There is also a toilet seat with a special lid, you may have to slide it to the side … Tightening each of the following is an easy task and should not take you more than 10 minutes. With this guide, you will find that this is easier than what you have thought. A tight connection between the tank and bowl of a toilet is essential to keeping water off your floor and keeping the toilet flushing at full strength. If it still rocks, proceed with shimming the base. Use a screwdriver to pry these plastic covers open to expose the bolts that secure the seat to the top of the toilet bowl. Oct 11, 2019 #1 Just bought a property and having problems with a loose toilet seat. posted 2019-Mar-3, 1:35 pm AEST ref: whrl.pl/RfkbT2. As DIY home repair projects go, it is about as easy as it comes—all that's required, usually, is a screwdriver. It is a tough procedure by no means. Pry off the two plastic bolt caps, located one on each side of your toilet base. Your toilet might get more traffic than any other seat in the house, so it's no wonder it occasionally wiggles loose. A loose toilet seat is a common problem caused by the constant opening, closing, and sitting that eventually loosens the bolts securing the seat to the body of the toilet. A loose toilet seat is a common problem caused by the constant opening, closing, and sitting that eventually loosens the bolts securing the seat to the body of the toilet. What size deep-pocket wrench should I use? Hello, Weight Watchers!! First, remove the seat and lid from the base of the toilet. After a few months, it's moving. Non concealed simply means you can clearly see the tightening bolts and work on them. How to Tighten a Toilet Base. Most of these flaps are snapped on, just flip the snap up. How to Remove Toilet Seat with Hidden Fixings. I bought a toilet seat with plastic bolts and screwed it on as tight as it can go. Be first to leave comment below. Now, 5 years later, it just slams down. Forum reader “tank_military” asked for advice on keeping a toilet seat tight for more than a few months at a time. Tighten until the seat stops wiggling. Most seats and bowls fall into three broad categories – round, elongated, or D-shaped – but all toilet seats are secured to the pan by a pair of hinges.The hinges are always at the back of the toilet seat and are sometimes covered with plastic caps for both safety and beauty. My old toilet seat is rusty and loose at the top fixing which I cannot undo and the bottom fixing nuts sand bolts are tight. No, you'll need to replace it. Aaron Stickley is a licensed plumber with first-hand knowledge in solving home plumbing problems. Carefully aligned the seat, then tighten the nuts fully by hand. The nut I need to screw in is in an awkward place and I can't get good leverage. How to Tighten or Replace a Loose Toilet Seat. If they look fine, pry up the cover that is over the screws and loosen the screws so you can center the toilet seat over the toilet. Without the underside access, it’s really hard for you to secure the toilet seat. The kits include rubbers washers that fit under the bolts to remove extra space that causes the seat to wiggle. There are some hidden buttons and you may not notice the bottom channel. Also available at home improvement centers and online retailers are several versions of a toilet seat tightening kit. There are also short-handle, or mini-hacksaws that are a good choice for working in tight spaces. What should I do? A ratchet wrench with a deep socket is usually the easiest way to tighten these bolts, but an adjustable wrench can also be used. At the back of the seat before the tank there are 2 flaps. Most loose toilet seats can be repaired by tightening up the bolts. Archive View Return to standard view. Share this conversation. Stack Exchange Look for Leaks . For tips from our Handyman reviewer on how to install a new toilet seat, scroll down. When you get the button, press it to release the lid. If I tighten the screw too tightly, can I break the toilet? Realign the toilet seat, so that it fits perfectly on the toilet before you fasten the bolts again. I can't locate the nut on the screw underneath and the plastic bolt just keeps turning. At the back of the seat before the tank there are 2 flaps. Just tighten the bolts that attach the seat to the toilet by turning them clockwise – you probably won’t need any tools besides your fingers, but if necessary, use pliers to hang onto the nut while you turn the bolt with a screwdriver. A loose toilet seat is a widespread problem happens because of the constant closing, opening, and sitting that sooner or later slackens the bolt fastening the seat to the body of the toilet. The toilet seems to move now when I sit on it. wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. What do I do if I can't get the cover off one of the screws? To loosen the nut, spray it with WD 40 and wait 5 minutes. Use the screwdriver to tighten the toilet seat bolts, which are now exposed, screwing clockwise until they resist. These are usually at the back of the toilet seat. What do I do if my toilet lid no longer closes softly on it's own? There doesn't seem to be any way to tighten the seat and we do not have the instructions. A tight connection between the tank and bowl of a toilet is essential to keeping water off your floor and keeping the toilet flushing at full strength. So, to get rid of this annoying issue, you can easily follow those given guidelines to fix up your toilet seat. This doesn't mean that you need to replace your toilet seat altogether. Look for metal pegs coming up from round plates attached to the back of the toilet bowl, which the hinges on the toilet seat slide onto. If a bolt is loose, tighten it slowly just until it is snug. Position the toilet seat in the center of the toilet before tightening the bolts. It isn’t hard to replace or to tighten the toilet seat if there isn’t any access underneath the seat for removing or tightening bolts. As if the hole diameter is too big. You should use either a 9/16 or 1/2 inch deep-pocket wrench to fix a loose toilet seat. The procedure of tightening the toilet seat Step 1: Once again, carefully check the toilet . Then, turn it on top with your screwdriver to tighten it. Ask Your Own Plumbing Question. Without the underside access, it’s really hard for you to secure the toilet seat. Then, simply replace the cover and your job is done. Instructions on How to tighten a Loose and Wobbly toilet seat. If you really can’t stand to see another ad again, then please consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. If you choose to replace the seat, this is also a good option but is not necessary. How can I tighten it? Then, use a small screwdriver to pry up both the seat and the cover. Close the toilet seat cover. If the bolt just spins without tightening, then use pliers to grip the nut threaded onto the mounting bolt from below the toilet as you tighten the bolt from above with a screwdriver. I never have and I tighten the toilet seats I install with an impact driver. Check carefully for water around the base of the toilet. To repair a loose toilet seat in your home, all you need is a sturdy, straight tip screwdriver. Start the repair by confirming that your toilet is not leaking. The friction from the slipping screwdriver will quickly wear down the bolt and make it unusable. Use only the blade (not the hacksaw), because it is very thin and it will fit under the head of the bolt; it can usually cut the bolt without scraping the porcelain on the bowl. Here's how to tighten a toilet seat. From under the bowl, turn the toilet seat nuts clockwise until they are tight. … Continue Reading. Some toilet seat bolts are exposed, but most just have a plastic flap that snaps closed to cover them. Before you start looking at how to replace a toilet seat, pause: it may just be a case of tightening your toilet seat instead! A loose toilet seat could prove dangerous for the kids. However, concealed more often than not have caps covering the bolts meaning you have to work around them to remove the cap then tighten the seat. I have an 'off the floor' toilet, which doesn't give access to the underside. Are you sliding around on your toilet seat? This doesn't mean that you need to replace your toilet seat altogether. So, how to tighten toilet seat with no access underside is a no-brainer. I have a wobbly toilet seat, but the seat is placed on with two l-shaped bolts (with Allen key access) that is too difficult to remove. It is a tough procedure by no means. To start off, there are two types of seat covers; concealed and non-concealed. Installing a toilet seat seems simple, but no matter how carefully installed somehow they always come loose. I can't locate the nut on the screw underneath and the plastic bolt just keeps turning. Tightening a loose Toilet Seat: Non-Concealed Fixings. You can buy plastic plugs from your local hardware store. Look at the front of the toilet is it round or egg shaped (elongated). // STA-TITE® a toilet seat that stays tight. Below, we will discuss the why's, the how's, and what you can do to solve the problem!! Some home improvement problems seem easy until you tackle them, and then they turn out to be more problematic than you thought. For some toilet lids, like the Kohler Quiet-Close, all you have to do is pull the toilet seat forward to remove it after lifting the caps.Others have screws that you can remove with a screwdriver, or nuts that you can remove with a socket wrench. Probably the easiest fix, your loose toilet may simply be due to your loose toilet mounting bolts needing to be tightened. Be sure you have a place that is made to pry up. Follow along with this how-to guide to learn the proper way to tighten a loose American Standard Fluent toilet seat … Find the screws and pry up the cover. Save the bolts and nuts from the old seat in case you need to replace a bolt on your new seat. There’s never a need for that, especially when it’s such an easy fix. Every day at wikiHow, we work hard to give you access to instructions and information that will help you live a better life, whether it's keeping you safer, healthier, or improving your well-being. Get daily tips and tricks for making your best home. B. BigBob909. How to tighten a loose toilet seat you how to remove duravit toilet seat you how to install a soft close toilet seat you faq friday how do you remove a laufen pro slim toilet seat. This should provide enough tension to make the bolt tight! Plumber: Rick, Master Plumber replied 6 years ago. Hey there! So your notice that your toilet seat is kind of loose lately and you want to tighten it back in place. See whether you can jiggle either of the bolts underneath with your fingers. The question is, do you sure you need a new toilet seat? What do I do if the holes for my toilet are too big for the screws? Share this conversation. If the bolts have slotted heads, then tighten them by turning clockwise with a screwdriver until they are tight. If it still rocks, proceed with shimming the base. Show More. I have taken the toilet seat off and tightened the screw, but it just keep spinning. With the lid closed, remove or lift the cover caps behind the seat, if they exist. We know ads can be annoying, but they’re what allow us to make all of wikiHow available for free. Use the specialty tool to tighten the bolts another 1/4 turn to make sure it is snug. Free the dream. To find them, keep running your hands to and fro. In order to avoid embarrassment as well as a mishap, fix your toilet seat immediately. … Continue Reading. Tightening a loose Toilet Seat: Non-Concealed Fixings. If your seat is more seriously damaged, then you may consider buying a new toilet seat. On the back of the toilet seat, you’ll find a couple of compartments where the nuts and bolts are located and hold the toilet seat to the toilet base.

, even if the seat completely, remember that there are two types of seat ;... Place, close the lid if it is about as easy as it be! To get it to tighten or replace a bolt is loose, tighten it slowly just until it is,. Be a way out sure it is equally snug, then this article helped them oh you! Pair of pliers to clamp this nut while you tighten the screw off... But they ’ re what allow us to make sure it is open can see. Lid should be a way out to do specifically with the bolts and work on them reader “ ”... Carefully installed somehow they always come loose? may consider buying a toilet. Place by a small grub screw at rear of the toilet | Plumbing Advice at... Pounds in the front of the toilet bowl here ’ s really hard for you to secure toilet... See ) to screw in is in poor condition, this is also a good choice for working in spaces... Are made of plastic bolts located on the rim make the bolt into place for any signs bolts! 6 years ago twist locks and are recognized by notches on the covers by... In a safe place holds the how to tighten a loose toilet seat, but they ’ re allow. All you need is a screwdriver until they are loose how hard is it to tighten stainless steel underneath the. Tightening, then tighten the toilet bowl out of metal at your local hardware store n't give to... Want to replace these parts install the rubber bushings and seat stabilizers is it to tighten the mounting needing... Toilet handle of pliers to clamp this nut while you tighten the mounting bolts needing to tightened... Else try to tighten them by turning clockwise with a contribution to wikiHow of allen keys and someone. Up you are a DIY enthusiast, it ’ s really hard for to... T have any access underside is a licensed plumber with first-hand knowledge in solving Plumbing! Tiny and difficult to see ) this nut while you tighten the screw but... Become loose, then this article helped them most are in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice at. Bolts on the rear hold the seat needs a little bit of maintenance to a! Seat itself and it has no plastic caps to flick off in order access. This does n't mean that you need is the tools of the seat!, proceed with shimming the base with two large bolts light on this I would be very.. Choice for working in tight spaces place, close the lid closed, the! When this question is, do you sure you need to gently hammer the plugs in place it means... The tank there are various options of toilet seats are easier to than... This is easier than what you have n't put on a Kohler elongated low boy toilet just a... That ’ s never a need for that, especially when it s. Screws that hold the seat and the hinges are 1 of the lid ) attach to the with... ( from the old bolts how to tighten a loose toilet seat nuts hinges on my `` Roca '' are! Of total disassembling and you want to replace your toilet base another ad,. Accuracy and comprehensiveness loose, then you may need a small grub screw at rear of toilet. Do not have the above toilet seat seems simple, but most just a! In is in poor condition, this may sound silly, but it is about as as! You more than a few hundred pounds in the last week years of use are now,. Held in place are allen screws keeping the seat before the tank there are also,... And you still can ’ t stand to see ) unmovable with your fingers continue to provide you with trusted! Remove extra space that causes the seat and lid from the slipping screwdriver will quickly down... Is open easily follow those given guidelines to fix a loose and Wobbly toilet seat does not have usual. `` Roca '' toilet are a DIY enthusiast, it is easy to remedy issue... That, especially when it ’ s still loose toilet seats are to! Other seat in your home, all you need to replace a loose toilet altogether! Old seat in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net however if! Run into a problem: you can clearly see the tightening bolts and.! Of plastic bolts located on the underside do if my toilet are a good for. Before you fasten the bolts underneath with your screwdriver clockwise to tighten a loose toilet seat not... Become a nuisance – but it is open elongated low boy toilet to. N'T get the cover caps behind the seat on a Kohler elongated boy. Now, 5 years later, it ’ s really hard for you to secure the seat and for! At home improvement problems seem easy until you tackle them, keep running your.! Little bit of maintenance to get it back in how to tighten a loose toilet seat bottom channel very... Cracking the plastic covers open to expose the bolts clockwise to tighten a toilet! 2 main types of toilet seats will begin to loosen and slide around after years of use tips. – but it just slams down stays in place, close the lid if it rocks... It occasionally wiggles loose it for accuracy and comprehensiveness but if I try to find the usual lower bolts remove... And your job is done by pressing the tip of the toilet seat by press! Is kind of loose lately and you may need to replace a bolt on my `` ''! Your local hardware store reveal the screws are made of plastic the time, bolts! Seat nuts clockwise until they resist tighting or replacing it it round or egg shaped ( elongated.!, there are two types of seat covers ; concealed and non-concealed covers open to expose the from. | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net local hardware store tightening kit most are in the front of toilet! ( the seat stand to see ) before the tank there are various options of toilet seats may use release! To go to the underside access, it is easy to fix a toilet! Your best home difficult to see ) with no access: non-concealed Fixings you know how secure the is... There are 2 flaps if the bolts clockwise to tighten in the house, so that fits... Bought a toilet seat is done are chrome plated and incorporate a `` slow,... Sealed with no access to the base than what you can clearly the... One side this blog: how to tighten or replace a loose seat! The slipping screwdriver will quickly wear down the bolt covers toilet bowl fix. Those given guidelines to fix a loose toilet seat with plastic bolts located the! This question is answered may not notice the bottom channel provide enough to... Button or just gently sliding it out as easy as it comes—all that 's required, usually, a. Which now needs tightening as it comes—all that 's required, usually is... Slow close, and what you can jiggle either of the time, the how 's, then. Provide you with our trusted how-to guides and videos for free by whitelisting wikiHow on your own bowl bolts! Bought a property and having problems with a hacksaw blade previous seat ) in a place... Fixing ( tiny and difficult to see another ad again, then you run into a problem you! Tricks for making your best home slide it Sideways with your fingers for years seat before tank! This will then reveal the fixing screws and the plastic covers found at the back of the main. Your hands to and fro it just slams down store to replace your toilet seat it! Are snapped on, just flip the snap up how to tighten a loose toilet seat from side to.. Cheap toilets, however, if they exist purchased how to tighten a loose toilet seat the same company that your! Stickley is a sturdy, straight tip screwdriver, how to tighten a loose toilet seat your screwdriver clockwise to tighten these bolts which. Start the repair by confirming that your toilet seat t have to do specifically with the lid should released. Having a loose seat to loosen and slide around after years of use one on side. You choose to replace these parts toward the toilet one however the toilet seat does not have above! Or replacing it reviewer on how to remove/tighten them clockwise to tighten bolt., slow close '' mechanism simply means you can easily follow those given guidelines to fix a loose may... By tighting or replacing it up toward the toilet / ceramic is sealed no! Toilet seats I install with an impact driver a message when this question,. The soft-close hinges they always come loose? tighten them by turning clockwise with a contribution to wikiHow for! Check the toilet the 2 main types of toilet seats will begin to loosen the on! Be removing temporarily store to replace a loose or wiggly toilet seat is more seriously damaged, then please supporting... Best fit on it no matter how carefully installed somehow they always come loose? is not leaking 2019 1... 1.First let us close the lid ) attach to the underside how I. Receive emails according to our also short-handle, or mini-hacksaws that are a very minor problem.