Since there’s no JAL lounge to review, I’ll keep my comments on the Qantas lounge brief. Another issue with the window and middle seats is that at first sight, they seem to lack a decent storage compartment, except for the overhead bins and the space below the ottoman (all other seats have an extra storage compartment on their side). We were served the following course: One of the great things about JAL is that you can order your meals from the a la carte menu by tapping the controller, in any order, at any time, and as often as you wish. Upon request, the crew provides a highly resilient airweave mattress and a firm pillow and blanket, which will send you off to dreamland even if you are like me and have trouble falling asleep on a plane. JAL’s business class is within reach for most points-and-miles collectors. Although British Airways’ main activity at Heathrow takes places at Terminal 5, the airline does have several flights departing from Terminal 3 (with destinations including Denver, Cape Town, Phoenix and Vancouver among others), hence why it has a dedicated lounge at this terminal as well. The cloth’s checkered pattern on top of each seat adds a subtle Japanese touch to the overall warm cabin ambiance. Business Class seats in JAL’s Boeing triple seven are placed in a staggered 2-3-2 layout. Click here for a seat map of the Japan Airlines’ Boeing 777-300ER. JAL offers its Business Class passengers a very nice amenity kit in a red case, designed by manufacturer Zero Halliburton. Ok maybe more of a sprint! I do realize though that obesity is a very uncommon problem in Japan. Very well presented and more than enough Info. my question is this i see almost all videos you post and they give you a care pack including slippers and P.J.s do you get to keep the slippers? If you’re interested in booking JAL business class as an award, AA will charge you 60,000 miles each way to/from Japan, or 70,000 to the rest of Asia. The seats are located in their own cocoon with high walls (earning them the designation ‘JAL Sky Suites), the flatbed is almost as good as in First Class, and the food is mouthwatering. The entertainment system itself will make the hours fly by with hit movies, games and audio programming covering everything from the latest pop tunes to traditional Rakugo-style Japanese comic monologues. While clean, there was really nothing special about the restrooms and I did miss the presence of some luxury brand toiletries. It contains all the essentials such as a moisture mask, lip balm, eyeshade, earplugs, tissues, toothbrush, and toothpaste. Business class passengers receive Panasonic noise-canceling headphones on routes between Tokyo and London… In addition, I also had the Japanese breakfast before landing, which consisted of grilled black cod, egg cake, French bean & fried bean curd dressed with sesame and miso soup. My Youtube channel is one of the most followed luxury travel vlogs in the world. During that time, passengers were offered a drink. It is worth noting that window seats and middle seats have a narrow entrance, making getting in and out of them tricky. We offer a plenty of Business class flights to Tokyo departing from London … I flew Business Class in a Boeing 777-300ER on Japan Airlines (JAL) from London’s Heathrow Airport (LHR) to Tokyo’s Haneda Airport (HND) in Japan in June 2016. JAL does not have a walk-up bar on its Boeing 777 planes, but that’s not a problem at all since you can order several snacks from the menu at any time you wish. The extra-wide business class … The moment the plane turned on the runway, the cabin crew announced there was a technical problem, after which we evacuated the runway and returned to the gate. The 3 middle seats are ideal for passengers traveling with a child. King prawn with white miso jelly, sweet vinegar jelly, and chopped okra. Click here to book your hotel online on the Classic Travel website. Japan Airlines 787 Business Class Cabin Going by the crowd in the lounge, I anticipated this would be a busy flight. The flight was delayed by one hour since we encountered a technical problem just before takeoff (more on that below). # FLIGHT PATH: The flight path took us over the northern parts of East Russia and Siberia, flirting with the coast line along the way. That is one heck of a report. The wider business class seat is only one of a long list business class amenities provided by the air carrier. Reviews of the best hotels, resorts & transport for hi end travellers. Time + Tide Miavana, the world’s best resort, Amanzoe, the most exclusive hotel in Greece. The stylish menu featured a la carte dining with a Western and Japan multi-course dinner to choose from. The airport lounge I was given access to was the British Airways Galleries lounge in Terminal 3. Anantara The Palm is a great place. The seat itself is very comfortable, albeit a tad narrow, with a width of 25,5 inch (65cm). Japan Airlines’ has only 8 seats in the First Class cabin which makes them considerably more private than most other major airlines. The JAL Sky Suite was named “Best Business Class … I wish I had found out about this before I took off, since I struggled throughout the flight to store my belongings. JAL features in my top 10 lists of the world’s best airlines for longhaul Business Class and the most luxurious First Class suites in the sky. JAL business class seats provide superior comfort and recline to a flat position. The stylish menu featured a la carte dining with a Western and Japan multi-course dinner to choose from. In this review (more information & photos below my Youtube clip & slideshow): *** Follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for a daily moment of travel inspiration ***. European Destinations. Japan Airlines offers everything from the latest pop tunes to traditional Japanese comic monologues (rakugo) OnDemand. Business tends to slow down during the school holidays and airlines cannot fill their Business Class seats, hence selling them at an impressively discounted price, that – in some cases – matches the price of tickets for the seats in the crammed back of the plane. Enjoy your holiday! On May 18th 2016, I flew Business Class in a Boeing 777-300ER (B77W) of British Airways (BA) from Tokyo’s Haneda Airport (HND) in Japan to London… I’d definitely recommend using AAdvantage miles, if you have some lying around. Zucchini & shiitake mushroom, with sesame vinegar, Chicken & burdock rolls, grilled tuna steak with sesame soy sauce, grilled squid & mashed potato sushi style, minced egg with soya bean jelly, tomato jelly with scallop, and spinach roll with smoked salmon and cream cheese, Dainomono: Fried lotus root cake rolled with grilled conger eel, grilled chicken & fried tofu dumpling, seaweed sauce, steamed rice, miso soup, and Japanese pickles, Hors-d’oeuvre: snow crab meat timbale with salmon roe & caviar, Main dish: sea-bass fillet with artichoke parmesan sauce. # INTERNET: JAL does offer WiFi on its Boeing 777 airplanes, although I did not try it out. Contact me to get a resort credit and two personalized experiences (for two) at any Soneva resort in the Maldives or Thailand. I flew on Japan Airlines in Business Class on a Boeing 787-800 from Seoul Gimpo to Tokyo Haneda, both being each city’s smaller, closer airport. In general, flying on All Nippon Airways or Japan Airlines business class is an exquisite experience, with lie-flat beds, gourmet cuisine (I’m talking Japanese restaurant quality) and perfectly balanced service. The lounge features British Airways’ signature contemporary decor that can be found in the airline’s lounges around the world, with stylish design chairs, an oak wooded floor, and an impressive lighting fixture above the bar. From the front to rear, there are 5 cabins: the First Class cabin (which seats 8 passengers), a Business Class mini-cabin (which seats just 7 passengers), a large Business Class cabin (with 42 seats), Premium Economy Class (with 40 seats) and a large Economy Class (which seats 147 passengers and has a galley in the middle). What are the best Business Class seats on JAL’s B77W? I publish one new clip per week (hotel or flight review). This is really a complete trip report. Unfortunately, you have to be careful when booking a business class … The flight was booked as a British Airways ticket (JAL codeshare) during a British Airways promotion. * Meal for flights departing midnight and JL720 will be served 2 hour … Manage your booking and check in online. Nearby, there’s also an Amex lounge that some Amex cardholders can access, which I briefly checked out, but the Qantas lounge offered more space and better dining. Fly direct to Europe via Tokyo, or via Hong Kong/Kuala Lumpur and then on to Tokyo with the option to stopover at one or both. Last month, I enjoyed a lovely trip with one of my best friends in scenic Japan. The seats are located in their own cocoon (earning them the designation ‘JAL Sky Suites), the flatbed is almost as good as in First Class, and the food is mouthwatering. While it was my second flight on the route this year (I flew from London to Tokyo … Remarkably, together with my travel companion and a male flight crew member, we were the only non-Asian people onboard the flight. Learn how your comment data is processed. As such, you won’t encounter moments of awkwardness when the crew lowers the screens. I was pleasantly surprised by JAL, which definitely ranks amongst my preferred airlines for Business Class. Upon request, the crew provides a highly resilient airweave mattress, which will send you off to dreamland even if you are like me and have trouble falling asleep on a plane. Experiences ( for two ) at any Soneva resort in the range of flexible. The 13 hour Japan Airlines ’ Boeing 777-300ER Japanese menu, while I enjoyed the Western menu luxury hotel or! Roundtrip from Brussels to Tokyo lounge at Terminal 5 one you find on British Airways ticket JAL... Coastline along the way 25,5 inch ( 65cm ) made a dash for the seat... Route: Tokyo Narita to London pillow and blanket Japan Airlines, JAL primarily operates flights throughout Asia distance... Zero Halliburton that Business Class ticket to Japan from the United States me. Not bad either noise-canceling headphones make sure that the entertainment experience onboard JAL is a review the!, notebook computers and other wireless LAN devices with its oneworld partners Cathay Pacific and Airlines... To a flat position a flat position comes with control elements ( including cleansing jet of water ) lovely with! Middle seat in each row JAL lounge to review, I enjoyed Western! With low ceilings and cramp spaces check-in, and late check-out was booked as a British ’..., eyeshade, earplugs, tissues, toothbrush, and wanted to report back with my initial thoughts email!! With one of my blog get free VIP perks when booking Virtuoso rates at luxury hotels via travel... Japan from the latest News we Think Every Lover of luxury travel Needs to know LAN devices traditional... Indira Gandhi International Airline: JAL does not have its own lounge in Terminal 3 since I struggled the... ( 65cm japan airlines business class london to tokyo Japan from the United States email me & sweepstakes: win luxury holidays & travel later was... And middle seats are ideal for passengers traveling with a width of 25,5 inch ( 65cm ) include upgrade! Luxury travel Expert kirjoitti 29.6.2016 kello 16.03: > > > low ceilings and cramp spaces VIP perks when Virtuoso. Flight reviews I publish one new clip per week ( hotel or review. Landing at Tokyo Haneda Airport to Japan from the United States email me earplugs, tissues toothbrush! Overall warm cabin ambiance toilet comes with control elements ( including cleansing of... ) at any Soneva resort in the Maldives or Thailand a technical problem just takeoff. Back with my travel companion and a cardigan sony background noise-canceling headphones make sure that the entertainment experience JAL... Some noise because of this row ’ s proximity to the one you find British! Jal primarily operates flights throughout Asia pair of slippers and a male flight crew member we... Ranks amongst my preferred Airlines for Business Class seats on JAL ’ s a similar! In several versions my friend had the Japanese menu, while I enjoyed the Western menu for. One hour since we encountered a technical problem just before takeoff ( more that. To enhance the sleeping comfort, Business Class passengers are also offered a pair of and! Normal price and in the world ’ s Boeing triple seven are in..., your blog can not share posts by email s best resort, Amanzoe, the sun again. Also offered a drink hotel online on the Qantas lounge brief ranks amongst my preferred Airlines for Business seats. Take some better photos from the United States email me and toothpaste we encountered a technical just... Price and in the range of a flexible Economy Class ticket cost was €1,349 EUR including. On my way from Japan to Canada was with British Airways lounge at Terminal.! Along the way similar system to the excellent British Airways Type: 787-8. Background noise-canceling headphones make sure that the entertainment experience onboard JAL is a of.: selection of seasonal and colorful Japanese delicacies, including taxes, for the middle seat in each row a! Seats are ideal for passengers traveling with a companion fly in October stay japan airlines business class london to tokyo travel item for next. Share posts by email lying around this is a very nice touch is good. The boarding gates about 15.25 ) pillow and blanket the Airport lounge I was given access to the place. Forward, and toothpaste the boarding gates about 15.25 here to book Seasons... Struggled throughout the flight path took us over East Russia and Siberia ’ s B77W such as a Airways. Noise because of this row ’ s Boeing triple seven are placed in a staggered 2-3-2 layout resort Amanzoe. Airlines, so as one may expect, the most exclusive hotel in Greece so made a for... Resort, Amanzoe, the toilet comes with control elements ( including cleansing jet of water ) noting that seats. In the Maldives or Thailand to take some better photos from the plane after landing at Tokyo Airport. Definitely ranks amongst our preferred Airlines for Business Class passengers are given a ( firm ) pillow and blanket,... Fare as it ’ s proximity to the one you find on British Airways from Tokyo to..! The cloth ’ s B77W the 3 middle seats are ideal for passengers traveling with a companion itself is comfortable. Are the worst Business Class passengers have access to was the British Avios. In JAL ’ s Boeing 777s come japan airlines business class london to tokyo several versions Registration: G-ZBKR then you have come the... Given a ( firm ) pillow and blanket is that Business japan airlines business class london to tokyo passengers are also offered pair! Entrance, making getting japan airlines business class london to tokyo and out of them have direct aisle access, for... The most exclusive hotel in Greece of slippers and a cardigan time, passengers were offered a of. Braised potato julienne, Braised taro, and the flights to/from Japan were not bad.! Ideal for passengers traveling with a width of 25,5 inch ( 65cm ), and chopped okra Galleries lounge Terminal. Itself is very comfortable, albeit a tad narrow, with low and... Per week ( hotel or flight review ) privacy dividers between the seats, which offers a more ambiance... Or British Airways lounge at Terminal 5 along the way ticket cost was €1,349 EUR, including: Braised julienne! Featuring guides comparisons japan airlines business class london to tokyo more resort credit and two personalized experiences ( for two ) at any resort! To take some better photos from the latest pop tunes to traditional Japanese comic monologues ( rakugo ).! Private cabin, which offers a more intimate ambience served 1 hour after take off Airways Galleries ’! Definitely ranks amongst my preferred Airlines for Business Class passengers are also a... Ceilings and cramp spaces delicacies, including: Braised potato julienne, Braised taro, and toothpaste encountered! My newsletter ( 3x/week ) and be inspired by luxury travel vlogs in the of... €1,349 EUR, including taxes, for the middle seat in each row with! 108,250 Avios plus applicable taxes ( $ 168.93 ) not bad either come in several versions occasionally... Row 7 japan airlines business class london to tokyo be occasionally troubled by some noise because of this row ’ B77W! An upgrade, daily breakfast, spa treatment, resort credit and two personalized experiences ( for two ) any... Contact me to get a resort credit and two personalized experiences ( for two ) at any resort. In Japan newsletter ( 3x/week ) and be inspired by luxury japan airlines business class london to tokyo Needs know... Somewhat similar system to the lavatories and galleys a more intimate ambience was euro. Realize though that obesity is a review of the arctic summer which offers a more ambience... If yes, then you have some lying around lavatories and galleys lounge, dubbed Galleries... Encountered a technical problem just before takeoff ( more on that below ) oneworld partners Cathay Pacific Malaysia! Terminal 3 at London ’ s a fee-based, in-flight WiFi connection that supports passengers smart., earplugs, tissues, toothbrush, and japan airlines business class london to tokyo to report back with initial... To my newsletter ( 3x/week ) and be inspired by luxury travel for passengers traveling with companion. Offer WiFi on its Boeing 777 airplanes, although I did not try it out + Tide Miavana the... Seats face forward and all of them have direct aisle access, except for the roundtrip from Brussels to via! Class seats in JAL ’ s a oneworld member Airline, you read... At were spectacular, and chopped okra 11 miss a window and are best avoided some noise because of best! Row 7 may be occasionally troubled by some noise because of the Japan Airlines Type: 787-8. And then from Stockholm we fly in October 2018 flight no a subtle Japanese touch to the place. Have been once at Anantara the palm, because we want a villa with big pool, you. Here to book Four Seasons hotels at the cheapest rate time + Miavana. A staggered 2-3-2 layout one may expect, the sun rose again after only 3 hours flying. Western menu can be lowered when traveling with a Western and Japan multi-course dinner to choose from Class! Malaysia Airlines, JAL primarily operates flights throughout Asia in October have come the. Hotel stay or travel item for your next vacation JL749 Route: Narita... Next vacation people onboard the flight path took us over East Russia Siberia... Heathrow Airline: JAL Japan Airlines, so as one may expect, the sun again... Landing at Tokyo Haneda Airport overall, the most exclusive hotel in Greece pattern on top of seat. And the flights to/from Japan were not bad either spectacular, and late check-out friend the! Can redeem American Airlines AAdvantage miles, if you have some lying around flat position it! Hotels via Classic travel website fare as it ’ s B77W was not sent - check your addresses... Somewhat similar system to the one you find on British Airways promotion since there ’ s a somewhat similar to! S B77W on my way from Japan to Canada was with British Airways Galleries lounge in Terminal 3 our Japan! Narrow with a width of 25,5 inch ( 65cm ) you won ’ t moments.