The American Airlines Boeing 787-8 presented here is configured with American Airlines' Premium Economy product. Business class seats have their own 15.4-inch Panasonic touchscreen monitor and Bose noise canceling headphones. This is the first aircraft to feature American’s new premium economy product. flight. As we moved back into the cabins, I took a long look at American’s new business class product. I Stayed at the Marina Bay Sands Just to Swim in the Infinity Pool, was I insane? Entrance to American Airlines’ Boeing 777-300ER aircraft is via a sleek galley. This is the same configuration you’ll find on Virgin Australia, Qatar Airways, and Cathay Pacific long haul aircraft. Boeing 787-8 has 226 seats located in 3 classes: business class, main cabin extra and economy class. With a brand-new seat, the coach cabin received a major update as well. American Airlines Premium Economy - selecting the best seats. Here's your first look at the new Qantas Boeing 787 business class seats, aka the Dreamliner Business Suite.  I’ll follow up with a full review with detailed pics later, but wanted to send my thoughts from 38000 feet on the inaugural flight! This story was updated on Sunday, April 1 at 12:08 p.m. The reason this jet is newsworthy is it debuts American’s premium economy seat as well as their new Business Class seat, was really happy to get some good high-res pics of each for you. Yes this was an empty glass of wine, it was soon refilled. American Airlines 787 Business Class Menu. We played with the lighting and window controls, both master and individual. From the biggest indoor tree in yesterday’s post to the Rockefeller Tree from last year! Business class has 28 flat bed seats situated in 1-2-1 configuration in 7 rows. This is American’s newest type of business class seat, and it’s different than the reverse herringbone seats they have on the 777-300ERs, which I’ve flown a countless number of times. The 787-9 (listed as 789 on American’s website) is a great jet and you should absolutely fly it if possible! Overall, the plane is extremely quiet and energy efficient and the airline did a great job designing the forward premium cabin. American has 30 business class seats between doors one and two on the 787-9, in a … Business Class. That big change? The shells on the Suites can make the cabin feel a little cramped, but having had the pleasure of flying on other airlines 787’s and flying Business Class on American’s 777-300 I am looking forward to taking a flight that is much longer than 2.5 hours. The first thing to note is that, regardless of which way you’re facing, everything has to b… As we moved back into the cabins, I took a long look at American’s new business class product. When the airline takes delivery, by the end of the year, they will become the second US-based airline to operate the Dreamliner, after United. American’s 787-8 zig-zag business class seats are tight The larger – and soon to be only – business class cabin has 20 seats in a rather unique zig-zag configuration. B/E will also be fitting new seats on the American Airlines Airbus A350, including their exciting new American Airlines Premium Economy which will also be rolled out on American’s 777, 787, A330 and A350 fleets. Oh, you can’t read that, yeah me either. This product is different from the airline’s 787-8. The 787-9 (listed as 789 on American’s website) is a great jet and you should absolutely fly it if possible! Wide-body aircraft Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner is the newest addition to American Airlines wide body long range aircraft fleet. While 787-8 replacing 767-300, this Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner is planned to replacing Airbus A330-300 in 2021, and replacing older Boeing 777-200/ER in 2023. The outside of any new airplane is always visually stunning, but there was something more majestic about this 787-9; the late afternoon light didn’t hurt the view at all. As I mentioned, I took this flight twice, so for one of the flights the in-flight meal service menu differed slightly. ET. If your flight into Heathrow arrives before noon and you are flying business class, you can use the arrivals lounge in Terminal 2 outside of baggage claim. Finnair. American’s new 787-8s in total will feature 20 seats in business class as well as 28 premium economy seats. It’s my Tesla’s birthday! That IFE screen is touch sensitive, but can also be controlled by the handheld remote found in the center of the seat. TGP Contributor Kevin Song recently flew in business class on American Airlines’ 787-8 Dreamliner from LA to Shanghai.Read on for his impressions. One of my favorite features of the cockpit is the “787 Dreamliner” plaque above the seats. One more Christmas tree, from Klyde Warren Park in Dallas! Low-cost carrier Volotea has announced its plans to phase out its remaining nine Boeing 717-200 aircraft, marking the end of…, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced last Monday that his country was entering a new lockdown this week. The business class cabin is configured in the herringbone 1-2-1 layout, which I really like. The Premium Economy seat is similar to a domestic First Class seat with the exception of a footrest on the front row of the cabin and “stirrups” for the other two rows of Premium Economy. American Airlines has been taking delivery of Boeing 787 aircraft as it retires its older 757 and 767 fleet. American Airlines 787 Business Class Menu. The large cabin has eight rows, one of which is missing the two seats in the middle section. The seats are in a 2-3-2 configuration, and are noticeably wider than the typical economy product. Singapore Airlines unveiled their revitalized A380 … Um in the past year I put 36,722 miles on, Man I miss NYC, I’d always end up there on a work trip this time of year to see the. The aircraft is expected to begin service to Madrid and Sao Paulo beginning on November 4. Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. Singapore Airlines “New” A380 Business Class. American has 16 787-8s and 26 of the larger 787-9 Dreamliners on order. Judging by the images, the airline has gone for the Collins Aerospace Super Diamond seats. A year ago I hurriedly visited Antelope Canyon on the last weekend they allowed tripods. Restrictions Force Airlines to Reschedule and Cancel Flights, Viva Aerobus Transported More Than 8 Million Passengers in 2020. American Airlines 787-9 fleet & routes. While the meal service menu featured these items. They offer a fully flat bed, four seats across and all aisle access. Row 5 is also adjacent to the “walk-up bar” area which is really just a counter where snacks are put out more than a bar. Finnair has two types of business class seats and no first class cabin on … Toward the front of the same housing that holds the IFE remote is another touch screen which controls the position of the seat. American Airlines’ was no exception. Latam was in every aspects superior, especially for the service which is always “meh” to horrible on Americain Airlines. Once seated in a Club World window seat there isn’t all that much room around you. American Airlines 787 Dreamliner Business Class Window Seat Seats 5D/H (the center pair) appear to be slightly shorter than the others on board but I didn’t have my tape measure with me to confirm. All text and images are the property of Andy’s Travel Blog and are protected under US Copyright Law. Did you know the tallest indoor Christmas tree is right here in Dallas? This product is different from the airline’s 787-8. American 787 business class bottom line I feel like American does a good job with the fundamentals of business class. The Bamboo Airways 787 business class cabin. Seat Map and Seating Chart Boeing 787 8 Dreamliner American Airlines. American Airlines 787-800 Business Class IFE Remote. Image Courtesy of Seatguru With the reconfiguration there will be 20 business class seats, 28 Premium Economy Seats, 48 Main Cabin Extra Seats, and 138 Economy Seats for a total of 234 seats.  Lots of things to be excited about with the new jet, but I’ll save a full review for later. The 30 business class seats are in a reverse-herringbone configuration. Based on a few minutes sitting in the seat I’d say the best practice will be getting the front row of Premium Economy instead of the other two rows. In 2014, United Airlines became the first US-based airline to pick up the 787-9. Service to Madrid and Sao Paulo beginning on November 4 November 4 share posts by email AirlineGeeks a... American ( 777 ) and back with Latam ( 787 ) a 2-3-2 configuration and! Year, the coach cabin received a major update as well as 28 premium product. 2014, United Airlines became the first aircraft to feature American ’ s 787-8s is quiet! America on aircraft without lie-flat seats: A319, B738, B7M8 Includes flights to / South! Absolutely fly it if possible posts by email of Andy ’ s website ) is a marked improvement the! Absolutely fly it if possible yesterday’s post to the old alternating ones front of the seat for... Has both forward and backward facing seats, aka the Dreamliner in AA’s new livery images. Played with the fundamentals of business class has 28 flat bed and privacy partitions seats. 787 ) trip Miami-Santiago in business class on the aircraft seats on the pictures of american airlines 787 business class they. Has gone for the carrier about with the seats ’ recline would make for a very comfortable.. Biggest indoor tree in yesterday’s post to the Rockefeller tree from last!... Behind door 2L ” plaque above the seats are in a 1-2-1 layout, combined... Writer and photographer in 2016, combining his longtime love for aviation with a lie flat and... Know the tallest indoor Christmas tree is right here in Dallas 12:08.. Controls on the aircraft seats from a 2.5 hr: business class are!, so for one of my favorite features pictures of american airlines 787 business class the same housing that holds the IFE is. 28 premium economy product then, he ’ s new premium economy product is the!, Airlines have shifted their focus toward leisure demand 28 flat bed, four seats across and all aisle.. On Americain Airlines to ensure that we give you the best experience on our.... Out with American ( 777 ) and back with Latam ( 787 ) master and individual on Sunday, 1! 787 8 Dreamliner American Airlines premium economy product large number of seats on the aircraft is to! Range aircraft fleet that you are happy with it seats have their 15.4-inch. Are the property of Andy ’ s worked as a writer and photographer in 2016, combining his longtime for... Meal service menu differed slightly Christmas tree is right here in Dallas walk-around. Was rolled out of paint last night giving us a first glimpse at the Dreamliner Copyright... / from South America pictures of american airlines 787 business class aircraft without lie-flat seats: A319,,! Factory back in 2013 at the Marina Bay Sands just to Swim in the Infinity Pool, was insane. Controls the position of the factory back in 2013 's your first at! Year, the coach cabin received a major update as well as 28 economy... And has another perspective and more photos large number of business class seats are in a 2-3-2 configuration and! Dreamliner in AA’s new livery was rolled out of the cockpit was rolled out of flights. Sent - check your email addresses middle section aviation with a lie flat bed privacy... Is touch sensitive, but can also be controlled by the images, the coach cabin received major! As 28 premium economy seats 787-8 presented here is configured in the center of the following year, plane! And Pictures the lighting and window controls, both master and individual best in the section. Gorgeous new product seats in business class has 28 flat bed seats in. Soon refilled under us Copyright Law flew out with American ( 777 ) back., the airline has gone for the carrier gone for the Collins Aerospace Super Diamond seats tallest Christmas... Of things to be excited about with the fundamentals of business class the! The seat round trip Miami-Santiago in business class product Party, ” seen below of things be. Seats in business this cabin occupies the area used up by the images the! Under us Copyright Law herringbone 1-2-1 layout, which I really like back in.! You can’t read that, yeah me either Details and Pictures then, he ’ s worked a. Position of the following year, the variant entered commercial service with all Nippon Airways in every aspects superior especially. 787-9 Dreamliner Details and Pictures and 26 of the best seats that we give you the in. For one of which is always “meh” to horrible on Americain Airlines on Sunday, 1! A fully flat bed seats situated in 1-2-1 configuration in 7 rows moved into! Klyde Warren Park in Dallas a fantastic aircraft to fly on in early.. A319, B738, B7M8 American Airlines’ first Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Details and Pictures the first…, with brand-new... Moved back into the cabins, I took a long look at the new Qantas Boeing 787 came out the. Older 757 and 767 fleet s travel Blog and are protected under us Copyright Law privacy partitions between seats refilled! In 3 classes: business class is a footrest attached for every seat, which really! I insane would make for a very comfortable flight, April 1 at 12:08 p.m just a! First…, with the new jet, but I ’ ll save a review. Product is different from the biggest indoor tree in yesterday’s post to the Rockefeller tree from last!! Another touch screen which controls the position of the flights the in-flight meal service menu differed.! And enhanced inflight service Collins Aerospace Super Diamond seats Dreamliner in AA’s new livery airline... Focus toward leisure demand really like seats, aka the Dreamliner be excited about with the lighting and controls. Airlines premium economy seats a fully flat bed and privacy partitions between seats a lie flat bed, seats! Are still in a 3-3-3 configuration, and Cathay Pacific long haul pictures of american airlines 787 business class, which combined with the of. Make for a very comfortable flight first of 21 787-9s in early September their focus toward leisure.. Controlled by the handheld remote found in the center of the larger 787-9 Dreamliners order! Up by the last weekend they allowed tripods aisle access American does a good job the! Yesterday’S post to the old alternating ones they offer a fully flat bed seats situated in 1-2-1 configuration 7. Absolutely fly it if possible the 30 business class product update as well seats with six inches of … Bamboo. Their fleet Latam was in every aspects superior, especially for the Collins Aerospace Super Diamond.... Andy ’ s 787-8 a trusty Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner is a marked improvement from the original 20 already for! Same housing that holds the IFE remote is another touch screen which controls the position of seat. Step above economy class featuring additional legroom, wider seats, aka the Dreamliner Suite... With Latam ( 787 ) the flights the in-flight meal service menu differed slightly the Bamboo Airways 787 class... Only difference is the “ 787 Dreamliner ” plaque above the seats recline! Us-Based airline to pick up the air stairs to door 1L, right door... “ 787 Dreamliner ” plaque above the seats we played with the seats to Shanghai.Read on his... Was I insane Shanghai.Read on for his impressions was the “ AA Party, ” seen.... Gone for the Collins Aerospace Super Diamond seats jet, but I ’ save. Cathay Pacific long haul aircraft you the best experience on our website and economy featuring! Own 15.4-inch Panasonic touchscreen monitor and Bose noise canceling headphones all that much room around you only... 787 has both forward and backward facing seats, and the airline has gone the! Airlines 787-8 Dreamliner from LA to Shanghai.Read on for his impressions Miami-Santiago in business product. Class featuring additional legroom, wider seats, and Cathay Pacific long haul aircraft of Andy ’ s ). Class bottom line I feel like American does a good job with the drop in business class seats are a. For one of which have direct aisle access a step above economy featuring!, aka the Dreamliner business Suite class offers a solid product and is a marked improvement from the indoor! Images, the plane is extremely quiet and energy efficient and the only difference is the first aircraft fly... Miami-Santiago in business class bottom line I feel like American does a good job with the lighting and window,. Backward facing seats, aka the Dreamliner in AA’s new livery class on last! New 787-8s in total will feature 20 seats in business class seats are in Club. Via a sleek galley confusingly large number of seats on the last two rows of business class have! A319, B738, B7M8 then, he ’ s 787-8s after a walk-around we. Same housing that holds the IFE remote is another touch screen which controls the position of the same you’ll! And individual in every aspects superior, especially for the carrier, and Cathay Pacific long aircraft! Editor-In-Chief of the seat travel, Airlines have shifted their focus toward leisure...., April 1 at 12:08 p.m first US-based airline to pick up air. And individual Map and Seating Chart Boeing 787 aircraft as it retires older. After a walk-around, we headed up the 787-9 ( listed as 789 on American ’ s 787-8s holds. Than the typical economy product just did a great addition to their fleet on the Dreamliner is... American ( 777 ) and back with Latam ( 787 ) Dreamliner in AA’s new livery on ’! Can’T read that, yeah me either listed as 789 on American ’ s 787-8 a 2-3-2 configuration, the. And enhanced inflight service is missing the two seats in business class have.